Friday, November 23, 2012

Holiday Baking Tip


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  And if you braved the stores or shopped from home today, I hope you found some great deals! 

Now that we are officially in the Holiday Season, that means it's time for holiday baking!  My favorite! 

My tip for tonight is to bake when you can and freeze your baked goods!  This tip will save you some time and some sanity if you are planning on entertaining or even just bringing baked goods to a holiday get together this year.

Everyone is very busy, so when you have the time to bake, even if it's 3 weeks before the event, do your baking then.  When the event rolls around, take out your baked goods and enjoy! 

My mom has been freezing her baked goods for years and years now and they are always just as delicious after they've thawed as they were when they were fresh out of the oven.  The only item I've never tried freezing is pies.  But cupcakes, cake pops, cookies of all kinds, brownies, fudge.  I've frozen them all and they all taste great thawed!  (This may be obvious to some, but don't frost your cupcakes before you freeze them.)

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment