Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Money Saving Mom: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home - Day 2

Did you follow along today with Crystal at Money Saving Mom?  Today's big tasks were to set your timer for 10 minutes and clean up your kitchen and then set the timer again for 10 minutes and clean out your fridge quickly.
 
I knew I had to empty the dishwasher and clean bottles, so instead of setting the timer, I just timed myself, because washing bottles can be tedious!
Before - dirty bottles and a few cups to go in to the dishwasher
 
 
I always dread cleaning bottles.  There's so many little parts to clean and I always feel like it takes so much time.  But honestly, emptying the dishwasher, filling it again and washing all the dirty bottles only took 15 minutes.  That's not bad at all! 
After - bottles cleaned and dishwasher emptied then filled again!
 
 
Then it was time to tackle the fridge.  I did set my timer for this.  We don't keep a packed fridge to begin with, so it's not too bad to clean out.
 
Nothing too exciting in my fridge :)

 
I quickly emptied everything out of the fridge, then I grabbed a paper towel with warm water and washed down all of the shelves and sides of the inside of the fridge.  I'll be honest, there was a little more to clean off than I thought there would be!  But overall, it wasn't that bad.  I then went through the items as I put them back in the fridge and threw out anything expired (only 2 items).  All in all, I was done with the fridge before the 10 minute timer went off - I even had 40 seconds to spare!
 
Fridge after - big difference, huh?  It really is much cleaner though!

 
I'll tell you, this challenge that Crystal is hosting is great (I say this 2 days in)!  She has made the challenges do-able in under 30 minutes.  I love that my fridge is clean going in to the holiday season, where it's bound to be a little more full (full of yummy baked goods and other fun holiday foods!).
 
If you haven't started following along yet, it's not too late!  Anything you do now to get organized will pay off once you're really in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Good job! Bottles really are tedious...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timing not-so-fun jobs is usually an eye opening experience for me. I often realize that it does't take as long as I thought it did and then it isn't quite as overwhelming the next time. A change in perspective does wonders! :-)

    Great job on your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tonya and Carrie! I agree - actually realizing that a dreaded task only takes you a few minutes really does help to change your perspective on the task! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete