Saturday, November 3, 2012

Money Saving Mom: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

 
One of my very favorite blogs, Money Saving Mom is hosting 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home starting Monday.  She did this earlier in the year too and I didn't participate (I was 9 months pregnant - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!), but I read along each day and it was definitely a great way to get your house in order and clean!
 
She's hosting a simplified version for the month of November.  This time I'm going to follow along and actually do the task she posts each day.  It will be a great way to get my house in order before the holidays.
 
I encourage you to follow along as well.  Here's how it can benefit you as you prepare for the holidays:
 
1.  If you're hosting friends and family during the holidays, you will be cleaning/organizing places in your house that probably won't have to be done again before the holidays (ex: cleaning out your freezer).
2.  Even if you're not hosting anyone this holiday season, this will help you get your house clean and in order before the chaos of the holidays sets in.
3.  Many times when you clean out places that don't get as much attention as they should, you find items that you had forgotten about.  Gift cards, store credits, etc.
 
 
So if you choose to follow along (and I hope you do!), I encourage you to keep your eye open for the following items as you clean:
 
1.  Gift cards or store credits (these can be used to purchase gifts or other items needed during the holidays)
2.  Items that can be given as gifts (maybe something you received as a gift or bought but never used)
3.  Items that can be used in or as a gift basket (unused candles, actual baskets or other containers)
4.  Items you can use while entertaining (platters, bowls or serving trays you forgot you had, boxes of stuffing or cans of corn that can be served at a holiday, etc)
 
I encourage you to participate - even if you don't do the challenge every single day, whatever you can do will get you that much ahead of the game!
 
I am going to do my best to post my progress each day.  Be sure to check out Money Saving Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment