Monday, November 5, 2012

Money Saving Mom: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home - Day 1

 

Did anyone else follow along with Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home challenge today? 

Today wasn't too bad - it was cleaning out your purse.  My purse was in sad shape though, I couldn't even really close it properly. 

Scary!
 
I took everything out and put it in piles - garbage, receipts/coupons, stuff to go back in, stuff to be put away. 
 
Those are organized piles, I swear :)
 
 
Then I put back what needs to be in my purse and threw out/put away the items that aren't supposed to be in there. 
 
A clean slate!
 
None of this made the cut
 
It closes again!
 
While I was going through my purse, I took a few minutes to go through my wallet to take inventory of any gift cards or store credits I had in there.  I will try my best to purchase holiday gifts or necessities with these credits, when I can. 
 
I found money to:
  • Macy's
  • The Children's Place
  • Kohls
  • iParty
 
If you weren't able to follow along today, that's OK!  I would encourage you to go through your purse/wallet before Thanksgiving to see if you have any gift cards or store credits hiding in there that you can use while shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment